Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another "Familiar Fragments"

Once again, a scary glimpse into my thought fragments. . .

I was bummed out the other day when I realized after the fact that the Dalai Lama was in Michigan at U- M giving lectures, and I had missed them. I remember when he was here 15 years ago. I sat in on some of his talks. I was very impressed with his peaceful character, his ideals. I wish I could’ve gone back to see him and hear him speak again. I didn’t know he was going to be here until it was too late. Figures.

The wilderness. . . shall blossom abundantly. Isaiah 35:1, 2 (Holy Bible)

I have a headache on the right side of my temple. It’s trying to throb and is bordering migraine. It must be stress-related. Give me drugs, please. I haven’t had a headache since before leaving for vacation. I feel a huge knot of tension in the middle of my upper back, too, right in the center of my scapula, as well as my cervical spine area. New line of work required. Anybody need a crazy blond on staff?

Hey, I have a great idea! How ‘bout you come do dirty laundry for me! Please? I want to go out and play, instead!

Got KC and the Sunshine Band on the brain again. I know, I’m a throwback to the 70’s music era sometimes – roller-skates, disco ball, and the whole funky thing. But what can I say? How ‘bout – “DO A LITTLE DANCE- MAKE A LITTLE LOVE – GET DOWN TONIGHT! – GET DOWN TONIGHT! WHOO!” (Currently shaking my groove thang)! Can ya feel it, I ask?! My youngest daughter is shaking her head at me and saying, “Mother, puh-lease! You’re scaring me!” LOL (But if my older daughter were home from college, she’d be saying, “Yeah mom – shake it, girl - Go momma! Go momma! Go momma!”) Hmm. . . . what’s wrong with this picture?! Funny, how they can all be so individually different from each other.

I feel the need. . . the need for speed! Zoom-zoom-zoom! T-tops are comin’ off today! Warm sun. Fresh air. Need a hat, or I’ll have a tangled mess. Stay off the roads if you’re smart! I stop for nothing!

Today is my son’s birthday. My baby. My youngest child. No longer a baby. Now a teenager going through puberty, himself. Awww. My days filled with the simplest aspects of motherhood are over. I now can only endure the teenage years and young adulthood with my children – which are okay, I suppose. But I want a new baby to snuggle and hold and love and take care of. Too bad my hubby had snip-snipping done. He turns deathly pale when I suggest medical reversal of his vasectomy - then does an about-face and runs away. Hey bubba – where you goin’?! Come back here and gimme some of that!

Remember: Do not mix up the cilia with the celiac. Vast difference, both. Thank you.

I hate it when I’m sitting in a restaurant and somebody continuously has a thick, productive, hacking cough. It makes me lose my appetite. Sounds like they’re hocking up a chunk of lung or something. Yuck! Hungry no more.

It’s my Sunday to lead. I pray that lives will be changed through the ministry that music can bring. Leading Praise and Worship is so much more to me than just another “performance”. When I take the platform, I want to cease to exist as an individual, and only be seen as the vessel that is used to usher the congregation into the very presence of God, the throne of grace. So please don’t look to me – look to Him. Don’t see “me” – but only the one who was called to lead you there. I am merely human – I will fall. He will not.

Did you ever see a blue frog? I have one! Here, in my pond. Look-see, I’ll show you.






Why is it that my health insurance company can never accurately manage my account? Why must I watch every stinking penny? I’m tired of their repeat “errors”. They should be covering certain aspects of my family’s health care in full; yet, have neglected to do so, thereby claiming I’m responsible for specific payment amounts. NO, I’m not! Check my policy guidelines. YOU are supposed to cover that completely! Sheesh. Must I do everybody’s job for them? Get with the program, people!

Those of you who don’t actually “know” me in real life would have a hard time believing I’m a very serious professional who works in the medicolegal field, huh? But you know, it’s just so BORING, and you gotta do what you gotta do to liven things up a bit. If you want to know the absolute truth, only wacky people can endure in the field of medicine – it takes a rather unique sense of humor to be able to find beauty in the cleansed colon or irritable bowels. Just thought you should know. Keep that in mind the next time you go for a surgical procedure, ok? LOL

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy. Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry. Sunshine on the water looks so lovely. Sunshine almost all the time makes me high.

I’m supposed to be working, but I’m distracted today. ADD mode has kicked in with my return to work – funny, that. I’m having mischievous thoughts, too – don’t ask. You DON’T want to know, trust me. Focus, Kim. Focus. Back. To. Work. Focus. (Come on baby, and rescue me!) My mind is useless today. Devoid of even the remotest of intelligence. Up in the clouds. Far, far away. Sigh.

I love stumbling across blogs that inspire me. Hats-off to the inspirational-ists!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimba,
Sure sounds like you got a lot of things going on in da brain girly. Mixed emotions and thoughts. I can remember when my children were younger- oh the good ole days *sighs* Now they are grown - young adults still learning the ways of life. It is nice to still be involved with them and have some good laughs and times.

Roufa Tav Gosou & Mimi Lass said...

Unfortunately, we want to go out and play too. Hey, forget about the laundry, let's ALL go out and play!

Blue Frog! Wow!

And Spring is in the air! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Yikes aheadache must make you scaterbrained, you were all over the place. Pick a paragraph and comment, hah? ....job change ..wana shingle gazebo roofs, I'll put them on the roof for you?...musics good and laughs are aplenty!

Wendy Lopez-Redaon said...

hi kimba =)

wish i could post something like this on my own blog- free flowing free thinking just free- shards of thoughts is what I call em. its how i write on my journal sometimes.

maybe some kid painted that frog blue or something. Strange.