Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Never Alone

This morning I awoke to steel grey, drizzly skies. The air was chill and damp and I snuggled deeply into my robe while gazing out at our pond, beyond the trees. Among the many deer grazing upon fresh spring grass hopped the rabbits, their white tails bouncing behind. They, too, were enjoying their tender young greens. Gliding along so gracefully in the pond was a lone duck of black-and-white colored plume. I retrieved the binoculars so as to look for his mate, who surely accompanied him. Alas, she was nowhere to be found. Despite his singular beauty, it made me sad to see him there... all alone in the cold, dark rain. It made me grateful that my journey through life is not alone.





P.S. - Does anybody know why all my blog posts are ending up dated with April 1, 2008 instead of the actual posting date?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kimba you write beautifully, I always enjoy. You must have such beautiful sweet nothings to whisper in your husbands ear.

part 2 - HUH

Anonymous said...

Looks like a cruel April Fool's joke!

Anonymous said...

You wanton sexy dog you!

Anonymous said...

That's a very sad picture of a duck.

Anyway, have you checked the settings?

Toby Fuqua said...

very nice kimba i always enjoy coming here to read your post and no i have no clue why the dates on your post are messed up

Kimba The White Lioness said...

KAK - thanks for the compliment. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what this last comment you've left means in light of this blog, but my husband found it rather disrespectful of me and would appreciate if you would refrain from leaving similar comments in the future. Thanks.

Haney - thanks. Yeah, I tried. I looked it up on Google blogger, too, and apparently quite a few people are having similar problems since Blogger implemented some new things on the site. Just bugs to work out, I guess.

Nyte - thanks! It's nice to see you back in action!

Anonymous said...

It was based on a comment of yours I saw elsewhere, maby I left it in the wrong place, sorry!

Anonymous said...

Kimba,
A very touching post. We are never alone as long as we have God in our lives.

Anonymous said...

I am not dead. But I a hungry.