Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Love Affair With Kokomo...

Steamy... Sultry... Sexy... Sweet... KOKOMO! (eat your hearts out!)

SOUPY - be very, very jealous!

(Not the greatest slideshow/vid, but all I could find quick-like. Use sound for full experience!)



Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you
Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go
Jamaica

Off The Florida Keys
There's a place called Kokomo
That's where you wanna go to get away from it all

Bodies in the sand
Tropical drink melting in your hand
We'll be falling in love
To the rhythm of a steel drum band
Down in Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you
To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go

Ooo I wanna take you down to Kokomo
We'll get there fast
And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go
Way down to Kokomo

To Martinique, that Montserrat Mystique

We'll put out to sea
And we'll perfect our chemistry
By and by we'll defy a little bit of gravity

Afternoon delight
Cocktails and moonlit nights
That dreamy look in your eye
Give me a tropical contact high
Way down in Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take you
To Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go

Ooo I wanna take you down to Kokomo
We'll get there fast
And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go
Way down to Kokomo

Port Au Prince I wanna catch a glimpse

Everybody knows
A little place like Kokomo
Now if you wanna go
And get away from it all
Go down to Kokomo

Aruba, Jamaica ooo I wanna take ya to
Bermuda, Bahama come on pretty mama
Key Largo, Montego baby why don't we go

Ooo I wanna take you down to Kokomo
We'll get there fast
And then we'll take it slow
That's where we wanna go
Way down to Kokomo

Ooo I wanna take you down to Kokomo

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous right now. It's raining/snowing here all weekend. :P

Colorado Baby said...

Oh wow wishful thinking on my part
now,,, thanks for making me drool.
Colorado Baby says thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sounds wonderful. All dreamy and filled with sunshine and moonlight and the sounds of the sea and love and light and the other stuff that fantasies are made of...

Except you're living it, and we're not!

Make it awesome! Make it memorable!

Heather Dugan Creative / Footsteps said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Unknown said...

I envy you...we are having a mid-spring winter right now. Not snowing but very cold and windy...

Enjoyyyyy............

Anonymous said...

Wow! nice summer fun!!! Wish I was there!!!

Kimba The White Lioness said...

Hey everyone! It's hard to believe that a week has already flown by! Had a nice time though, and can't wait to go back again next year!

Thanks for stopping in, and for commenting, and for emailing, and for all that good stuff while I was gone! You're all great!

The Keys are full of that "come-as-you-are" laid-back attitude and lifestyle that is truly 'me', when I can escape from my every-day-life dramas! Everybody should experience them AT LEAST once in their lifetime - MORE, if possible... ok, you know me - always more, more, more! But sometimes, you just can't get enough of a GOOD thing, ya know?!

I think next year we're going to adventure even further south - to the southernmost place in the US. (isn't it the Key West island chain??) to look for adventure there!

Greg said...

Just lovely--glad you got away to refresh your soul!! Looks beautiful down there!

Anonymous said...

The song made me snap my fingers to its beat.But I'm afraid of the sea.
I like it more when I'm just looking at it.Very beautiful..but I don't wanna go swimming.I'm scared!Ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

You could create a song out of that! If I wish I could go there and let go of my worries.